Buying a new home in New Jersey is probably one of the biggest investment you will ever make and it is a decision that will affect you for years to come. The process can be extremely stressful and confusing. Of course, there is always considerable risk involved when making such a large purchase decision. A certified NJ home inspection will significantly reduce your risk and help make the entire home buying process easier and less stressful. We really enjoy helping our clients in this process and customer service is our highest priority.
We strongly encourage all of our clients to accompany us during the home inspection. You should feel free to ask the home inspector any questions you may have during the inspection process. The inspector will point out problems and explain them to you. The inspector will also show you the good points of the house as well. Plus, we will explain what routine maintenance is needed to keep the house in top condition. This will help you to get the most benefit from the inspection and gain the most understanding of the systems that make up your home, and how to maintain it.
You will get a comprehensive report that is easy to understand, including Radon and Termite Reports. Everything identified during the inspection will be included in the report. Armed with the information we provide for you within the home inspection report, you can make your decision with confidence.
Pricing for a home inspection vary by the house square footage, the number of baths, bedrooms, kitchens, heating/cooling systems, & others.
PLEASE CALL OR TEXT FOR PRICING
Main Sewer Pipe Inspections
Oil Tank Inspections
Other services please call for pricing
Pre-sale inspections are recommened for sellers before they list their home with a Home Inspector. This can identify potential problems before they become a negotiating point for buyers
Radon comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock and water.
The release of this radioactive gas enters the air you breathe, causing a potential health risk to you and your family.
Radon gas can be found in just about anywhere. It can get into any type of building -- homes, offices, and schools -- and build up to high levels.
What you should know about Radon.
Radon is a cancer causing radioactive gas. You cannot see radon and you cannot smell it or taste it, but it may be a problem in your home. This is because when you breathe air-containing radon, you increase your risk of getting lung cancer. In fact, the Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer.
You should test for radon. Testing is the only way to find out about your home's radon level. The EPA and the Surgeon General recommend testing of all homes below the first floor for radon.
Houses without a basement usually do not require radon testing
An experienced licensed professional can identify the presence of termites without even seeing the bugs. Leaving characteristic traces including damage and mud tubes.
When purchasing a building the structure should be inspected for damage and activity caused by wood destroying insects.
We often refer to the "Wood Destroying Insects" as the "Termite" there are many other insects that destroy wood and can be a threat to your home. These insects include but are not limited:
Powder post beetles
Condos on the 2nd floor usually do not require (WDI) inspections
What is Mold? Molds are fungi. Molds grow throughout the natural and built environment. Tiny particles of mold are present in indoor and outdoor air. In nature, molds help break down dead materials and can be found growing on soil, foods, plant matter, and other items. Molds produce microscopic cells called "spores" which are very tiny and spread easily through the air. Live spores act like seeds, forming new mold growths (colonies) when they find the right conditions.
What does mold need to grow?
Mold only needs a few simple things to grow and multiply:
Suitable place to grow
Of these, controlling excess moisture is the key to preventing and stopping indoor mold growth.
Should I be concerned about mold in my home? Mold should not be permitted to grow and multiply indoors. When this happens, health problems can occur and building materials, goods and furnishings may be damaged.
Unlike mold Asbestos does not grow, it is fiber that was commonly used in building materials. Primarily it is found as a source of insulation and as a fire-retardant. Asbestos was found to be a hazard to your health and was banned by the EPA. Manufacturers have limited their use of asbestos.
Tile Floors, Siding, Pipe & Heat Duct insulation
When asbestos is visible I can identify it. I also have the ability to take samples of the asbestos and have it tested in a laboratory. Asbestos can be found in older homes built prior to the EPA announcements. It is used frequently in the form of insulation, wrapping pipes and furnace insulation materials. I also identify it is asbestos shingles, exterior siding and floor tiles.
As with radon, you cannot see, taste or smell to detect the presence of lead in your home. You can get lead in your body by breathing or swallowing lead dust, or by eating soil or paint chips containing lead.
The use of lead paint was banned in 1978.
Where lead is likely to be a hazard
Peeling, chipping, chalking, or cracking lead-based paint is a hazard. We can take samples of paint and send it to a laboratory to determine lead content.
Lead Particulars that are ingested or dust that is breath in is hazardous to your health that get a lot of wear-and-tear.
Note: Lead-based paint that is in good condition is usually not a hazard.
Underground oil/storage tanks, Wells and Septic systems.
We can look and will point out signs that there was or was not an underground oil tank system in place. The U.S. Environmental Agency's website is good source of information for Underground Storage Tanks.
Pricing for other services will be an additional charge.
Discounts available for;
Military, Fire, Police, EMS, and Senior Citizens